Solarplaza is looking for a Account/Sales Manager (32- 40 hours a week)
We have a marvelous opportunity for an ambitious self-disciplined account manager to join a young, rapidly growing international company in solar energy with a dynamic, international B2B environment!
To further grow our business, we are looking for a sales/account manager with a few years of relevant experience to expand our client network, develop strong new business relationships and nurture existing client relations.
International environment: You are going to work in our office in Rotterdam with international colleagues, use your business English and work with many cultures in different time zones.
Relationship management: You will nurture existing customer relations and build new business relations through market research, prospecting and acquisition, focusing mainly on sponsorship sales for Solarplaza events to bring in revenues. This is key to the success of our international events; therefore you should always be driven to connect with people, involve them and trigger their interest in our events. You are energized to create new relationships by calling new leads and people. A few times per year you will visit relevant trade shows (in other countries). You are also in charge of practical coordination with sponsors and exhibitors around some of our own events.
Results: You are result-driven. You want to make the most out of every opportunity and have a high sense of responsibility. You are entrepreneurial and creative in finding new ways to create maximum value for both our clients and Solarplaza. You demonstrate the necessary resilience needed to close deals.
Business Development: You have excellent communication skills to listen to customers and translate their challenges into opportunities for the company. Clients appreciate the fact that we are knowledgeable conversation partners, both on the topic of solar as in the way we always look for shared value creation.
- You have a strong will to succeed in everything you undertake.
- You are an enthusiastic networker and a strong communicator with excellent persuasive communication skills, both orally and written.
- You can easily engage/connect with potential clients (sponsors, partners, speakers).
- Holding many conversations with your existing and future clients energises you.
- You are a self-driven and self-disciplined professional.
- Closing deals and reaching targets energizes you.
- You have finished a bachelor and/or master study.
- 2 - 4 years of working experience as a sales or account manager in a B2B service environment or in the solar PV industry.
- You live in the Netherlands and are able to work from our Rotterdam office.
- You speak fluent English and Spanish, other languages are a plus.
- Market-rate salary (depending on your experience),
- 24 days of paid leave,
- A good pension scheme,
- Reimbursement of traveling expenses,
- Profit-sharing program (20% of the profits will be shared with employees),
- Personal and professional development opportunities,
- Exciting projects in different countries (incl. traveling),
- An open respectful and multicultural atmosphere,
- Time for socializing and fun,
- Daily fruit snacks.
Solarplaza International BV is a Dutch company, based in the Groothandelsgebouw in Rotterdam. Organizing solar energy events all around the world is our focus, ranging from established conferences in Europe, Asia and America, to pioneering conferences and exploratory trade missions. Our track record contains over 125 events, in over 25 different countries on 6 continents.
Our mission is to accelerate the sustainable energy transition. We want to empower industries and emerging countries that support this transition and stimulate renewable energy market development with a focus on solar energy and related grid topics. Our core values are:
- Integrity and honesty
- Driven by Quality
- Purpose is more than only profit
- Creative and entrepreneurial
- Loving what you do and aiming for personal growth
This year we are celebrating our 15-year anniversary. Our average growth was around 30% per year. Our current team consists of 40+ young, ambitious, and highly educated people. We are competitive not only in the way we do business, but also internally in our table football matches, organizing the best internal networking 'borrels' and with our own football team playing against other companies. There are many opportunities for further growth of our company and activities.
Application for the job
If this profile and job description fits you perfectly, we would love to receive a short resume, and your letter (in English) motivating why you believe to fit with our desired profile.
Please note the online application process requires you to answer some open questions. We estimate this could take you between 20 and 40 minutes. Make sure you have enough time ahead to reply to these questions at your best capacity. We highly appreciate you taking the time to apply for this post.
Note: Commercial acquisition based on this job opening is not appreciated.