Do you have a commercial drive, geared towards sustainability? Solarplaza is always looking for sales talent!
To further grow our impact, we are looking for commercial talent with experience in the field of sales, acquisition and/or account management. Are you interested in connecting the global solar industry through our leading events and information platform? We give you the opportunity to build your knowledge and network in our international, young and mission-driven company.
(Not yet graduated? We also offer internships and student jobs.)
Relationship management: You will nurture existing customer relations and build new business relations through market research, prospecting and acquisition, focusing mainly on attracting sponsors and partners for Solarplaza events.
Business Development: Approaching new contacts feels like an exciting game for you. You apply your excellent communication skills to listen to customers and translate their challenges into opportunities for the company. Clients appreciate the fact that we are knowledgeable conversation partners, both on the topic of solar as in the way we always look for shared value creation.
International environment: You will work from our office in Rotterdam with a broad mix of international colleagues; you'll use your business English; and you'll work with contacts from many cultures in different time zones.
Results: You are result driven. You want to make the most out of every opportunity and have a high sense of responsibility. It will take some necessary resilience to close deals. Up for that?
- You have a strong will to succeed in everything you undertake.
- You are an enthusiastic, natural networker and a strong communicator with excellent persuasive communication skills, both orally and written.
- You can easily engage/connect with potential clients (sponsors, partners, speakers).
- You get energized by having honest conversations to create value for all involved.
- You are self-driven and self-disciplined.
- A finished bachelor and/or masters degree.
- You speak fluent English. Additional languages is a plus.
- Some first experience in the field of sales, acquisition and/or account management preferably in a (mission-driven) B2B service environment.
- You live in the Netherlands and are able (have a permit) to work from our Rotterdam office.
- Market-rate salary (depending on your experience)
- 24 days of paid leave, based on a 40-hour contract
- A good pension scheme
- Reimbursement of traveling expenses
- Profit sharing program (20% of the profits will be shared with employees)
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Exciting projects in different countries (incl. the occasional traveling)
- Grow your network in and knowledge of the solar industry
- An open respectful and multicultural atmosphere
- Time for socializing and fun
- Fruit, Foosball and FC Solarplaza
Solarplaza International BV is a Dutch company, based in the Groothandelsgebouw in Rotterdam. Organizing solar energy events all around the world is our focus, ranging from established conferences in Europe, Asia and America, to pioneering conferences and exploratory trade missions. Our track record contains over 125 events, in over 25 different countries on 6 continents.
Our mission is to accelerate the sustainable energy transition. We want to empower industries and emerging countries that support this transition and stimulate renewable energy market development with a focus on solar energy and related grid topics. Our core values are:
- Integrity and honesty
- Driven by Quality
- Purpose is more than only profit
- Creative and entrepreneurial
- Loving what you do and aiming for personal growth
This year we are celebrating our 15-year anniversary. Our average growth was around 30% per year. Our current team consists of 40+ young, ambitious, and highly educated people. We are competitive not only in the way we do business, but also internally in our table football matches, organizing the best internal networking 'borrels' and with our own football team playing against other companies. There are many opportunities for further growth of our company and activities.