Project Manager - Solar Energy Industry
Interested in being part of a young, dynamic, purpose-driven, international company? Are you passionate about the solar industry? Are you a self-starter and true connector? Then you might be our new event project manager!
To further grow our business, we are looking for a new member to join our team of project managers. Based upon your skills and fit with the team, you will be either working on more technical solar topics, focusing on the long-term performance of solar plants, or finance/business-oriented conferences that look at development opportunities in the industry.
Your role and mission
- A project manager is end-responsible for organizing our solar industry conferences.
- The organization of high-level B2B conferences is similar to successfully completing consultancy assignments. As a consultant, you will identify the relevant topics, match them to the leading industry experts and design the perfect conference program to match the market’s needs.
- Building relationships with new and prospective stakeholders, like speakers, sponsors, partners and participants, is key to the success of your projects. Therefore our project managers are driven to connect and grow relations with people, involve them and trigger their interest in our event(s).
- You act as an entrepreneur, making intelligent decisions and managing the P&L of your events. Being aware of the sustainable relation between cost-effective, profitable project execution and creating lasting impact in markets is important.
- Balancing a healthy hunger to be knowledgeable and acting hands-on taking care of practical matters is what makes your day. You are proficient in distinguishing between essential details and side matters, knowing when to step up personally or to involve others.
- Completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, for instance in the fields of sustainability/renewable energy, business administration, technical engineering, etc
- Working experience as a consultant, project manager, event manager or business developer could be beneficial, especially in a B2B service environment.
- Fluent in English. Other languages (especially Spanish) are a plus.
- Excellent communicator, relationship builder and enthusiastic networker.
- Empathic to adapt to different social and business cultures.
- Solution-oriented, creative professional with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Eager to learn and gather knowledge about the solar energy industry and markets, including financials and more technical topics.
- You like to travel, enjoy working in a multicultural setting and have the flexibility to adjust working hours to international time-zones. This is not a 9-to-5 job.
- You live in the Netherlands and have a valid work permit. You are ready to work from our Rotterdam office.
- Market-rate salary (depending on your experience)
- Profit sharing program
- A good pension scheme
- 24 days of paid leave
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Exciting projects in different countries
- Grow your network in and knowledge of the solar industry
- Join our mission to accelerate the sustainable energy transition
- An open, respectful and multicultural atmosphere
- Fruit, Foosball and FC Solarplaza
Solarplaza International BV is a Dutch company, based in the Groothandelsgebouw in Rotterdam. Organizing solar energy events all around the world is our focus, ranging from established conferences in Europe, Asia and America, to pioneering conferences and exploratory trade missions in emerging markets. Our track record contains over 120 events, in over 25 different countries on 6 continents.
Our mission is to accelerate the sustainable energy transition. We want to empower industries and emerging countries that support this transition and stimulate renewable energy market development with a focus on solar energy and related power infrastructure topics. This year we are celebrating our 15-year anniversary, (non-fossil) fueled by an average annual growth of around 30%.
Our current team consists of 35+ young, ambitious, and highly-educated people. We are competitive not only in the way we do business, but also internally in our foosball matches and karaoke-standoffs, organizing the best internal networking 'borrels' and with our own football team playing against other companies. There are many opportunities for further growth of our company and activities. The team atmosphere is open, informal, creative, driven and energetic.
Application for the job
If this job description sparks your interest, we would love to receive your CV and a to-the-point cover letter highlighting relevant experience and your motivation (in English).
Please note the online application process requires you to additionally answer 2 open questions. Make sure you have enough time ahead to answer these questions too. We highly appreciate you taking the time to apply for this position.